We asked the experienced moms on our SOS Mom forum for tips and suggestions to help Sonal and here is what they had to share.
Keep in mind that every woman has a different metabolism and what might work for you might not work for anyone else.
1. Breastfeeding and running after your kids are the best ways to shed weight without dieting. Do all your kids chores yourself, even if you have maids for other household chores. However this may not work for everyone.
2. Have a good diet with fresh fruit and veggies. Don’t skip your breakfast. Include good protein and fibre in your diet with fresh fruit juice or tomato juice during breakfast and have your lunch, even snacks and dinner on time. Don’t eat a heavy dinner. Workout daily for an hour. Consult a good nutritionist or dietician for personalized one-to-one dietary recommendations and workout advice. Have patience and believe you will lose weight.
3. Cut out sugar and junk food. Pizzas, burgers and cheese are the main culprits. Eat what your kids eat, because as a mother, you would not want them to eat junk.
4. Work hard, do all your home and baby chores yourself and take up a part-time job. Don’t depend on anyone else. You will definitely lose weight.
5. Do sit-ups, drink lots of water and avoid oily and fried foods.
6. Ask your doctor if it’s ok to take a Vitamin E supplement. It’s good for both hair loss and weight loss.
7. Take lemon and honey in warm water, in the morning on an empty stomach.
8. Only exercise and a balanced diet will help.
9. Start the day with plenty of fruits. It will help.
10. Get a thyroid test done.
11. Have 2 sachets of tulsi green tea instead of your regular evening tea.
12. It’s all in the genes. Some mothers lose weight faster than others.
13. Try Nutrilite Positrim or Herbalife products.
14. Wear a post-pregnancy belt that helps to reduce the upper and lower abdomen.
15. Stretching exercises and jogs can really help. Also consume more salads and clear soups.
16. Eat a healthy, balanced diet and do at least 45 minutes of physical activity like a slow jog, power yoga, dance, swimming etc.
17. Drink 2 glasses of water half an hour before and after food. Don’t eat junk foods and finish your dinner before 8 pm.
18. Stop eating rice for dinner, switch to olive oil for cooking and after meals do not rest or go to bed, but do some work, preferably standing up.
With special thanks to these parents :
Kanupriya Agarwal, Archana Goyal, Amrita Singh, Shalini Nautiyal, Urvashi Agarwal Poddar, Preeti Parashar, Ratnasree Saha Chakraborti, Trina Basu, Kanupriya Agarwal, Trina Basu, Remya Krishnakumar, Trina Basu, Shruti Goyal, Priyanki Majumder, Nancy Gupta, Savita Chaudhary, Lavanya Reddy, Shikha Khanduja Kaul, Reena Madan Chugh, Debashree Basu, Poonam Chauhan, Divya Dua, Sudeshna Patnaik, Deepti Singh, Palki Gupta, Palak Tak, Vanela Kohli, Siddhi Sharma, Palak Tak, Ratnasree Saha Chakraborti, Puja Gupta, Pooja Bajaj, Deepti Singh, Deepty Mundhra, Mansi Maniar, Mili Chikhal, Akshaya Sampathkumar, Raksha Naik.
Image courtesy of marin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net.