Mums, its a beautiful feeling when you hold your little one in your arms, isn’t it? The world becomes a beautiful place, the smile on your face extends the whole day long, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that you would want to get in the way of you and baby, as you look at your little angel in your arms. Wow! That’s some feeling!
What researchers have said time and again, you already know as a parent – that there’s no better feeling than you and baby than having your little one right next to your heart! As an expectant mother, you’ve cherished baby’s first heartbeat at your regular check-up, and while you were simply blown away, it’s a known fact that for your baby who was still being cherished inside the womb, your heartbeat was the most comforting and familiar sound!
One of the best ways for mother and baby to bond is bare, skin-to-skin contact. Another most popular way for babies to feel their mother’s heartbeat is when you hold your little one near you, whether while feeding, while putting to sleep, or during any other activity.
Here are a few times in the day when you can be sure of holding your baby close to you, and of course, if you have the time, you can extend these moments and give baby that much more comfort and warmth:
- while feeding
- whileputting baby to sleep
- while patting baby for burping
- while playing with baby
- while going with baby for a walk
- while lying down with baby
- while traveling and holding baby close
- Helps mothers fight post-natal depression
- Helps mothers form a stronger bond with little one
- Regulates baby’s body temperature
- Helps in baby’s breathing, heart beat and sugar levels to be stable right after birth
- Helps baby recover from birth process, especially in cases of a natural delivery
- Calms baby and provides security, comfort and familiarisation
- Regulates mother’s hormonal responses and leads to reduced bleeding after birth
- Helps baby to breastfeed naturally
- Helps baby sleep better
- Reduces baby’s crying bouts
- Helps in developing baby’s senses
- Build stronger immunity
- Helps in baby’s psychological and emotional growth
Mums, a baby close to mommy is the happiest baby! It’s definitely true when they say that no one knows her baby as a mommy does. So mums, trust your heart and your instinct, and do what’s best for your baby…after all, as we’ve been saying all along, Mommies Know Best!!!!!