This summer, we will present to you simple DIY activities that your children can do at home. If you have been to a beach recently and your kid has collected a lot of shells, help them make a souvenir for themselves!
What you’ll need:
- One Large shell ( preferably a flat one!)
- Several small shells
- Craft glue
- Ice cream stick
- Paint brush to apply the glue
- Alphabet beads
- Sand from the beach
How to make the shell souvenir
Step 1: Squeeze a generous amount of white glue all over the inside of the large shell. You can use a paintbrush to spread the glue evenly all over the shell.
Step 2: Now stick the smaller shells on the large shells by adding a bit of glue onto it. We need to add more glue because the shell will stick firmly onto the larger shell.
Step 3: Add pebbles or anything else that you would want on your shell souvenir.
Step 4 : Now pour sand all over the shell and leave it to dry. This will take a couple of hours!
Step 5: Pipe a line of glue onto the ice cream stick and glue the alphabet beads in place, spelling out your name. Let it dry.
Step 6: After a few hours you will need to gently turn the shell over to get rid of the excess sand. Tap the shell very lightly to remove the excess sand. Glue the nameplate your have created with the ice cream stick to the front of the shell and let dry.
- If your child’s name is long, you may need to use more than one ice cream stick.
- Alphabet beads are available in a variety of colors and sizes at stores that sell craft items.
- You can either use the sand you may have got back from the beach or you could just buy sand at a local craft store too.
- If you cannot get beads, use a felt pen to write your name.